Substitute Information Center
A completed application must be submitted online for consideration. If you have previously applied for a different position, please access and update your application online for each new posting.
Please note the following two categories of sub applicants and instructions for each:
Certified Teacher Applicants:
After an Online Application is completed, certified teachers will need to contact Keli Fields, Sub Coordinator in the Human Resource Department, for fingerprinting status and paperwork instructions.
If fingerprinting is required, the fee is approximately $55 and will be the responsibility of the applicant. However, the process must be initiated with HR office sending information to the State Board of Educator Certification. The must be completed prior to working as a substitute in the WFISD.
The minimum education and other requirements for subbing in WFISD are the following:
· A high school diploma
· Passing score on a competency test (not currently available, coming soon)
· Complete the Regional Service Center Substitute Training course online or face to face ($25 fee)
· Passing Background Check
· Fingerprinting (cost @ $55, this will be initiated by the HR Dept.)
· Attend Substitute Orientation (remaining 2016-2017 school year dates: 3/8/17, 4/13/17, 9a.m.-12p.m. in room 301 at the Ed. Center, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Transcripts verifying bachelor degree or higher are required to receive corresponding pay (unofficial is fine)
After an Online Application is completed, non-certified applicants must complete a Sub Training course either on-line with Region 4 or physically attend the course at Region 9 (not always offered, contact Keli Fields in the HR Dept. to find out dates) before substituting with WFISD. The cost is $25, to be paid on the day of training.
This course is designed for anyone who will be substituting in elementary and/or secondary schools. Training includes topics on the professional and routine duties of the substitute teacher, the basics of instruction and classroom organization, and principles of classroom management. Take advantage of this innovative e-learning course to effectively support the students in your classroom. *This training is an affordable way for participants to gain or improve their substitute teaching skills. It does not guarantee a substitute position with WFISD.
*These forms are for WFISD New Hires.