Parents as TeachersWelcome to your Wichita Falls Parents as Teachers!
Parents as Teachers (PAT) is an international early childhood parent education and family support program serving families throughout pregnancy until their child enters kindergarten at age 5.
The program is designed to give children the best possible start in life, and to support parents in their role as their children’s first and most influential teacher.
All children will learn, grow and develop to realize their full potential.
To prove the information, support and encouragement parents need to help their children develop optimally during the crucial early years of life.
- The early years of a child's life are critical for optimal development and provide the foundation for success in school and in life.
- Parents are their children's first and most influential teachers.
- Established and emerging research should be the foundation of parent education and family support curricula, training, materials and services.
- All children and their families deserve the same opportunities to succeed, regardless of any demographic, geographic or economic considerations.
- An understanding and appreciation of the history and traditions of diverse cultures is essential in serving families.
Increase parent knowledge of early childhood development and improve parenting practices
Provide early detection of developmental delays and health issues
Prevent child abuse and neglect
Increase children's school readiness and school success