Elementary Intradistrict Transfer Guidelines
1. Not been placed in an alternative education program for consistent misbehavior or a major disciplinary violation;
2. Not been expelled from classes within the current or immediately preceding semester;
3. Not consistently violated the attendance policy or the Student Code of Conduct at the campus at which currently enrolled; and
4. Been performing at grade level and is enrolled in the grade appropriate to the student's age
Approval of the transfer request must:
1. Be based on serving a valid educational purpose and be in the best interest of the student;
2. Not cause an increase in the number of staff, programs, or services provided at the new campus; and
The transfer is binding for the entire academic year, except under the following circumstances:
1. The transfer is revoked by the receiving school principal on the basis that the student-to-teacher ratio exceeds state law (22:1) and such a revocation is made by the Friday following Labor Day of the academic year.
2. The transfer is revoked due to, but not limited to:a. Student misconduct;
b. Student tardiness;
c. Student attendance;
d. Failure to provide transportation to and from school; or
e. False information.