About the Middle Years Program
The Middle Years Program (MYP) is a program of international education designed to help students develop the knowledge, understanding, attitudes and skills necessary to participate in a changing world.The MYP is offered to 6th-8th grade students at Kirby Junior High and 9th & 10th grade students at Hirschi High School. All students in the MYP are offered laptop computers to facilitate research and classroom assignments.The Middle Years Program:
- Provides a framework of academic challenge and life skills
- Offers an educational approach that embraces yet transcends traditional subjects
- Based on the premise that education can foster understanding among young people around the world
- Develops internationally minded learners
- Promote confidence and self-respect for all students.