Student Achievement and Support Needs
The ultimate success of the district is a function of its achieving excellence in student achievement. True student success depends on students being inspired and engaged in the educational process. The imperative for enhanced student achievement requires that the district develop a culture of continuous improvement and accountability that fosters student success.
- Conduct a comprehensive curriculum study to ensure alignment with the new STAAR and End-of-Course assessments.
- Annually disaggregate all student achievement data and develop a detailed plan with specific strategies to address each deficiency.
- Develop an annual comprehensive staff development plan based on best practices research, identified areas of weakness and required employee training.
- Identify effective applications of instructional technology and develop a plan for acquisition, training and implementation.
- Conduct a detailed analysis of the district's early childhood education programs and develop a plan to ensure school readiness.
- Develop a plan to ensure children are reading on grade level by the end of third grade.