Congratulations to our 2014-2015 IDEA Grant Winners
Cunningham is excited to
Mrs. Canaday, Mrs. Kelton, and Mrs. Jacobs
The IDEA Grant Program
The IDEA Grant Program (Innovative, Developmental and Educational Activities) is designed to promote quality education in the classroom by establishing, supporting and enhancing programs that are not otherwise funded by Wichita Falls ISD.
Over ten thousand dollars in grants are awarded to WFISD teachers, annually, who find creative ways to enhance education. IDEA Grants were first awarded in 1991 providing the financial support to try new ideas and develop outstanding teaching strategies in the classroom. Teachers use the funds to buy materials and supplies to support their classroom projects. Many times these materials are shared with other teachers exposing even more students to outstanding new ideas.
- IDEA Grant applications are sent to Principals and distributed to teachers in September.
- Teachers are given one month to complete and return grants for review and selection.
- A group of educators are selected to evaluate and select the IDEA Grant winners.
- Grants are evaluated using an educational rubric determining curriculum alignments and effectiveness.
- Top grant scores are then funded.
- Once the IDEA is implemented, the district’s federal grant office surveys both teachers and principals for effectiveness and educational benefits to students.
- Winners are honored through a "special delivery" process in November with checks for their grant and balloons
My School's Cool
The My School's Cool Program was designed as
a way for Sikes Senter Mall to give something back to the community. Sikes
Senter Mall is committed to building strong relationships with local schools by
giving cash to schools as they earn points though the program.
receipts and turn them into your teacher. They will be processed weekly and returned
to the rightful owner. To insure their return print your name on the back.
Do NOT FORGET to become an active member of our School Community.
For your Child's Safety
When visiting your child, please remember to check into the office. Your driver's license will need to be scanned through our security system EACH YEAR upon your FIRST visit.
We would LOVE to have YOU volunteer in our school!
Volunteer applications can be found on the district website, or you can follow the link below. Remember: you do not have to be a member of PTA to volunteer but to do both gives your child twice the benefit.