Bilingual/English as a Second Language (ESL)
Philosophy: Today's language minority students will dramatically impact the future of our nation. We believe we need to set high expectations and place value on the native language and culture of all students.
Purpose: To provide all day language support to advance the learning of all children.
Goal: To produce lifelong, self-sufficient learners through instruction in their native language.
1. Obtain English language proficiency by 3rd grade
2. Apply quality and consistent instruction with Bilingually certified teachers.
3. Increase parental involvement.
1. Integrate curriculum within self-contained multicultural classrooms with adequate supplemental materials.
2. Provide all day English language support in all content areas.
3. Improve teaching models to benefit cultural awareness.
P: 940.235.1021F: 940.720.4998Amanda GonzalesCoordinator of Emergent Bilingualism940.235.1021 ext. 15037Carmen GonzalezBilingual Translator940.235.1021 ext. 15038