Pre-Kindergarten Information for Parents
Welcome to Pre-Kindergarten. Your Child's Foundation Begins Here!
The Wichita Falls ISD Prekindergarten program provides four year olds the opportunity to learn, grow, develop and be "School Ready" by the time they enter kindergarten. Our goals include developing social and emotional skills, fostering independence and instilling a love of lifelong learning.
To be eligible for the district Prekindergarten Program a child must be 4 years old on or before Sept. 1 of the upcoming school year. The child is eligible for enrollment in the PreK program if he/she meets any or all of the following criteria:
- The child is limited English proficient (LEP), or
- The family meets the free/reduced lunch income eligibility guideline, or
- The family meets the criteria of "homeless", or
- The child is an active military dependent, or
- The child is or has been in foster care
We are proud to offer full day PreK at the following campuses: Booker T. Washington, Brook Village, Burgess, Cunningham, Haynes, Jefferson, Fain, Lamar, Milam, Scotland Park, Sheppard and Southern Hills
Questions about the Pre-Kindergarten program can be referred to
940.235.1021 Ext. 15004