Gifted and Talented
GT Program Overview
The goal of GT education in Wichita Falls ISD for students to develop innovative, advanced-level products and performances that reflect individuality and creativity. This is accomplished through a variety of programs and services in grades K-12.
For more information, check out our District's Gifted/Talented Program Guide:
GT NominationsDuring the 2019-2020 school year, the window to nominate students for the GT program will be available in January (2020).PARENTS: To nominate your child...
Parents without internet access can request a print version at their student's home campus.Parents who speak Spanish can also request a print version (en espanol) at their student's home campus.TEACHERS: To nominate your student...
- Watch this [video] first.
- Then take an online survey (NOTE: Currently unavailable. Check back in January 2020.)
- Ask the parent/guardian to complete the survey described above. (This provides permission to test.)
GT TestingAfter nominations, GT testing will occur in the spring.
- K-1-2 Testing: January - February, 2020
- Grades 3-11 Testing: March, 2020
WFISD uses the CogAT test. Students in Kindergarten take a paper test, but those in grades 1-11 take an online version.GT PlacementAfter testing is complete, students and parents will be notified of placement.These results will be sent to schools and families on/around mid-April, 2020.