WFISD Trustee Elections
Wichita Falls ISD Trustee Elections
The next WFISD Trustee Election will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
On the 2022 Ballot will be Single Member Districts 1, 3, 5 and Trustee At-Large Position
SINGLE MEMBER DISTRICT 1 (Currently held by Bob Payton)
- Susan Grisel
SINGLE MEMBER DISTRICT 3 (Currently held by Mark Lukert)
- Mark Lukert
SINGLE MEMBER DISTRICT 5 (Currently held by Tom Bursey)
- Jim Johnson
- Tom Bursey
AT-LARGE POSITION (Currently held by Elizabeth Yeager)
- Mark Hood
- Sandy Camp
Qualifications—Texas Election Code Section 141.001 & Texas Education Code Sec. 11.061
To qualify for appointment by the board of trustees, a person must meet the following requirements:
- United States citizen;
- Qualified registered voter in the district;
- Age—18 years or older on the first day of the term to be filled;
- Residence—one year in the state and six months in the single-member trustee district from which the position is elected or, if running for the at large-position, six months in the school district prior to filing deadline (Texas Elec. Code, Section 141.001(a)).
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
- totally mentally incapacitated; or
- partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
- Trustees must retain all qualifications while in office.
- Monday, July 25, 2022: First Day to File for a Place on the General Election Ballot
- Monday, Aug. 22, 2022: Last Day to File for Place on General Election Ballot
- Sunday, Oct. 9, 2022: Last Day to Register to Vote
- Monday, Oct. 24, 2022: First Day of Early Voting in Person
- Friday, Oct. 28, 2022: Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (received, not postmarked)
- Friday, Nov. 4, 2022: Last Day of Early Voting in Person
- Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022: Election Day
Notice of Deadline to File Applications for a Place on the Ballot:
Dates for filing application: 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. July 25–Aug. 22
Where to file application, designation of campaign treasurer and other reports:
- In person: 1104 Broad St., Wichita Falls, Texas; file with the Superintendent's Office
- By mail: Wichita Falls ISD, Attention Mindy Graham, 1104 Broad St., Wichita Falls, TX 76301
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday–Thursday; 8:00 a.m.-4 p.m. on Friday
All original documents are to be filed at:
Wichita Falls Independent School District
1104 Broad Street
Wichita Falls, TX 76301
by the appropriate filing deadline.
FILING REPORTS IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CANDIDATE/OFFICEHOLDER
To request an Application for a Place on the Ballot, Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer-form CTA, and a form CTA Instruction Guide emailed to you, Request for emailed candidate forms.
Wichita Falls ISD Single Member District Map(Updated 2022)
Other helpful links:
If you wish to pick up printed forms, please contact the Superintendent's office at 940-235-1001.
All original documents must be filed with Wichita Falls Independent School District at 1104 Broad Street, Wichita Falls, TX 76301 by the appropriate filing deadline.
There are several resources available regarding candidates and elections. Some additional information may be found here: