Wichita Falls Independent School District Diagnosticians
What is an Educational Diagnostician?
Educational Diagnosticians are part of a multidisciplinary team which is comprised of professional from several different backgrounds who utilize their particular skills and areas of expertise to work collaboratively to help identify students with specific learning disabilities and other handicapping conditions in compliance with IDEA and TEA criteria [Code of Federal Regulations 300.301 (c)(2)]. Frequently, they are also key campus support personnel who consult with students, teachers, parents, etc., on student progress as well as disability related, individualized, educational needs.
- Serve as a member of students' interdisciplinary team Responsible for initial and ongoing psycho-educational assessment.
- Work collaboratively with other assessment personnel, such as speech/language therapists, occupational and physical therapists, school psychologists, counselors, and social workers to make ARD committee recommendations concerning eligibility for special education services.
- Provide input to the ARD committee regarding student's academic strengths and weaknesses based on psycho-educational testing.
- Interpret results of psycho-educational testing in relation to students' educational placement and programming to parents, teachers, administrators, and students.
- Monitor students' educational progress in relation to IEP goals and objectives, recommending appropriate modifications and accommodations to curricular content and instruction, as needed.
- Provide ongoing consultative services to school, community, and parents regarding student's educational needs.
Claudia Schultz: Ben Franklin (235-1156)
Kerris Shillingford: Ben Milam (235-1176)
Deborah McElhannon: Booker T, NTSH, RR (235-1196)
Sarah Myers: Burgess (235-1136)
Courtney Widner: Crockett (235-1140)
Sarah Myers: Cunningham (K-5) (235-1144)
Amanda Policky: Cunningham (Centralized Programs) (235-1144)
Amanda Policky: ECI (235-1144)
Stephanie Rincon: Fain (235-1148)
Tracy Redding: Fowler (235-1152)
Cherylynn Robinson: Haynes (235-1160)
Emily Knowles: Jefferson (235-1168)
Stephanie Rincon: Lamar (235-1172)
Julianne Bess: Scotland Park (235-1180)
Cherylynn Robinson: Sheppard (235-1184)
Jennifer Walker: Southern Hills (235-1188)
Diedra King: West (235-1192)
Melissa Pennington: Zundy (235-1123)
Nikki Grady: Barwise (235-1108)
Renisha James: Barwise (235-1108)
Jennifer McMurry: Kirby (235-1113)
Melissa Pennington: Kirby (235-1113)
Brent Caldwell: McNiel (235-1118)
Samantha Kintner: McNiel (235-1118)
Becky Magee: Hirschi (235-1070)
Kathy Mickus: Hirschi (235-1070)
Tracy Gutierrez: Rider (235-1077)
Rana Ward: Rider (235-1077)
Becky Magee: WFHS (235-1084)
Sue Wineinger: WFHS (235-1084)