Free and Reduced Meal Program
As we welcome students back for the new school year, we want to remind you about the benefit of school meals, which continue to be some of the healthiest meal options for students. Our goal is to continue supporting all students and families by ensuring those who need free meals at school continue to receive them. Families can qualify for free or reduced-price meals based on household income by submitting a meal application.
The Free and Reduced Meal Application may be completed after July 1, 2023 for the 23-24 school year.
Paper applications are available at the WFISD Child Nutrition Office: 2015 5th Street, Bldg. A
WFISD provides free and reduced-price cafeteria meals for students from families who qualify based on federal government guidelines. The meals served each school day are offered through the National School Breakfast Program/National School Lunch Program. Applications are accepted throughout the school year. To avoid delays, complete ONE application per family and complete all required information. If a student was on the meal program at the end of the last school year, the benefit will carry over for the first 30 days of school until a new application is received. A new application must be submitted to continue benefits for each school year. For more information on free and reduced applications, please contact the Free/Reduced secretary at 235-1065 in the Child Nutrition Office.
- Do I need to fill out an application for each child?
- Who can get free meals?
- Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free meals?
- My child’s application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out another one?
- I get WIC. Can my child(ren) get free meals?
- What if my income is not always the same?
- We are in the military. Do we include our housing allowance as income?
- May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?
- Will the information I give be checked?
- If I don’t qualify now, may I apply later?
- Who should I include as members of my household?
- What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application?
- My family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for?
- Where can I access my child's breakfast and lunch menus?
GET IN TOUCH
Stephanie Gallentine, Child Nutrition Eligibility Coordinator
Address | 2015 5th Street, Bldg. A, Wichita Falls, TX 76301
Main Phone | 940-235-1065 ext. 29003
Email | email@example.com