Project Back to School
INVEST IN OUR CHILDREN, COMMUNITY, AND FUTURE TODAY.
A donation of just $20 provides a child with a new backpack filled with school supplies and much more.
Mail your donation to:
Project Back to School
P.O. Box 9700
Wichita Falls, TX 76308
Project Back to School is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides free school supply kits and backpacks for economically disadvantaged children in Wichita Falls, Texas. School supplies are provided for about 6,000 children annually.
Every August, we provide free school supplies and backpacks, community resource information, health screenings and more for Wichita Falls ISD and City View ISD students at our annual Back to School Roundup. The Roundup is a collaborative effort of Project Back to School and the WFISD Foundation.
Since we are completely funded by community donations, we need your help to provide children in need with school supplies to succeed in school.
The Roundup is an informative and fun family event that provides Wichita Falls ISD and City View ISD students in Head Start through 12th grade with the school supplies and services they need to start the school year ready to learn.
- No pre-registration is required to attend or receive school supplies.
- Free school supply kits and backpacks will be provided for WFISD and CVISD students who qualify for the free and reduced lunch program. The school supply kits will contain the majority of the required school supplies.
- Children in Head Start and PK will receive a backpack and crayons.
- Students at Burgess, Lamar, Scotland Park, Washington and Zundy elementary schools will receive school supplies and backpacks at their school, not at the Roundup.
- Community resource booths will have information about school and community services, youth programs, assistance programs, health and safety and free giveaways.
Everyone is welcome to attend the Roundup, however to receive free school supplies and a backpack, the child must qualify for the lunch program and:
- Bring proof of eligibility (such as school letter showing students' qualification for the lunch program, or other proof including Medicaid, CHIP, Lone Star card and SNAP) Any proof of receiving government assistance will be accepted.
- Be enrolled in a WFISD or CVISD school
- Be accompanied by an adult, if under the age of 16. Children are not required to attend.
- Complete a student registration card for each child prior to receiving supplies. You may print your student registration card ahead of time from the link under helpful downloads.
The Wichita Falls Wichita County Health District will be providing vaccinations during the Roundup at the MPEC.
Project Back to School is a program of the WFISD Foundation.
GET IN TOUCH
Lillian Harris, Project Back to School Coordinator
Address | 1104 Broad Street, Wichita Falls, TX 76301
Main Phone | 940-235-1009
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org