WFISD Foundation Scholarship Applications are Open
Click on the button above and then select "Create New Account."
The deadline for submitting your WFISD Foundation Scholarship application is March 31, 2024.
If you have any questions, please contact the WFISD Foundation office at 940.235.1009.
The Community Partnerships Department and campus College and Career Counselors provide multiple scholarship opportunities for high schools seniors looking to enter college after their senior year.
The WFISD Foundation awards scholarships from local community groups to qualifying graduating senior students. In addition, the district offers a list of external scholarships provided by WFISD counselors.
Ten Tips for Scholarship Applications
- Apply only if you are eligible - read ALL requirements and directions carefully.
- Complete application in full – if questions do not apply to you, then note that on application.
- Follow directions - be sure to supply ALL requested materials, including transcripts, recommendation letters, and essays.
- Neatness counts - type your application OR make sure your handwriting is neat and legible.
- Write an essay that makes a strong impression - be personal and specific.
- Watch for deadlines – extensions are rarely given.
- Make sure your application gets where it needs to go – allow enough time for it to get there.
- Give it a final review - proof read the entire application carefully. Look for misspelled words or grammatical errors. Ask a friend, teacher, or parent to proof read it as well.
- Ask for help if you need it - do not hesitate to contact the scholarship/funding organization or your counselor.
- Keep a back-up file - before sending in the application make a copy of the entire packet for your records and make a note of when you turned it in.
NOTE: The information below is for the 22-23 WFISD Foundation Scholarship winners only
All scholarship recipients are required to complete four steps prior to their scholarship being released to their university, college, technical or trade school. These steps are:
Step 1: Complete the Scholarship Release Form. Please click here to fill out the fillable form here.
Step 2: Provide Proof of Enrollment from the school you will be attending - typically a class schedule. An acceptance letter is not an acceptable form of proof of enrollment.
Step 3: Provide proof of thank you letters. All recipients are required to send thank you letters to the families, businesses and/or organizations that make these scholarships possible. Once the thank you letter is written, please take a photo.
Step 4: Once you have all of your scholarship documents ready, please click here to fill out your scholarship acceptance form.
If you have any questions, please contact the WFISD Foundation Office at (940) 235-1009.