Tuition Based Pre-K for District Employees
Will you be working for WFISD as an employee during the 2023-2024 school year?
Do you have a child who will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2022?
Is your child not eligible to participate in the state funded pre-k program?
If you answered “yes” to these three questions, then your child is eligible to participate in WFISD’s Tuition Based Pre-k Program for Children of District Employees!
The Tuition Based Pre-k program is open to employees whose children would otherwise be ineligible to attend pre-k for free. Before enrolling in the tuition based program, be sure that you do not meet the state’s criteria for free pre-k. Visit TEA’s website for more information at https://tea.texas.gov/sites/default/files/PK%20Eligibility%20Overview.pdf
The program is limited to district employees who are the parent or legal guardian of the child. At this time, we do not have the capacity to open up the program to grandchildren of district employees, or nieces / nephews, etc.
If you are unsure if your child would qualify for free pre-k or you have questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuition for this program is $300 per month for a total of 10 months.
- The first deduction for employees participating for the 2023-2024 school year will be deducted from the employee’s August 2023 paycheck. The last deduction will be in May 2024. A total of 10 months of deductions.
- Employees hired after the cutoff date for August payroll who receive their first paycheck in September will be deducted beginning with their September 2022 deductions.
- The only option to pay tuition is through payroll deduction.
Steps for Registration/Enrollment
- If you are interested in the program, please complete the pre-registration form at the following link https://forms.gle/zkRUU4YrrLJdTV4Y7
- Once your child is assigned to a specific campus, you will receive an email confirming the placement and detailing next steps. You will receive this email no later than July 15. (Note: the campus principal, or their designee, assigns students to specific teachers / classrooms on the campus. Our department does not assign students to specific classrooms)
- Once you have agreed to the campus placement, the finance department will request that you complete and submit a payroll deduction form to be signed and returned.
- Complete online new student registration for the 2023-2024 school year.
- When campus secretaries are back on duty, you will need to take enrollment documents to your child’s campus. Including; Proof of Residency, Child’s Birth Certificate, Immunization Record, Social Security Card and Parent’s Photo ID.