General Information for Rider Swim Teams
- Current student in a Wichita Falls ISD High School(Varsity swimmers must be enrolled in swimming class)
- Current Physical (Click here for WFISD Form)
- Complete all Student Athlete required forms (click here for link to forms)
- Transportation to Boys and Girls club
- A willingness to learn recreational and competitive Swimming
- Follow all WFISD, UIL and team rules and regulations
- An ability to say “Yes Sir and No Sir or Yes Ma’am or No Ma’am.
- A swim suit (No two-piece suits please)
- Goggles ( it always is a good idea to have a back up pair)
- Swim cap (if you have long hair)
- Your own towel
- Team equipment, such as team bags and team Warm-ups will be issued to varsity members only.
- Team T-shirts, team shirts, etc. can be purchased from the team
- Swim practices will be held at Boys and Girls Club Central.( the swim team will provide the B&G Membership)
- The B & G club is located on the Northeast corner of 6th and Broad Street (1318 Sixth street)
- Practice times are Monday through Friday during the athletic period.
- The swim thletic period is 8th period .
- Practice starts at 2:30PM and lasts until 4:30PM
- Swim season starts in October and last through February
- Most meets are held on weekends, however there are exceptions, such as dual meets and two-day meets.
- Swimmers are encouraged to participate in other sports, but some sports such as soccer and basketball have conflicting seasons.
- When swim season is over, swim team members have the opportunity to become certified American Red Cross Lifeguards.
For more information contact:Oyvind ZahlWFISD Swimming Head Coach
- All WFISD swim teams practice together, however since they are separate schools they will compete against each other.
- Parents are encouraged to join the Swim Team Booster club.
- Swim team members will participate in fundraisers.